- Acids, chemicals or volatile liquids
- Liquids with large quantities of entrained air or gas, such as in condensate systems or industrial waste treatment
- Tank car unloading
- Mine and tunnel de-watering
- Any application where the pump doesn’t have flooded suction or has to be located away from or above the liquid source
CapacitiesUp to 700 gpm (159 m3/h)
HeadUp to 400 feet (122 meters)
PressureUp to 375 psi (2,586 kPa)
HorsepowerUp to 40 hp (30 kW)
TemperatureUp to 500°F (260°C)
LiquidsClean liquid sumps, chemical and petroleum transfers
MaterialsDuctile iron, 316SS, CD4MCu, Alloy 20
- Our special self-priming casing design permits the 8796 pumps to maintain a prime and to expel any air in the suctioned liquid via the self-venting top centerline discharge.
- The unique two-piece pull-apart casing allows for quick replacement of the inner volute. The inner volute itself can be provided in a variety of wear-resistant materials, such as CD4MCu.
- Our impellers are a fully open design that resists clogging. Shear is reduced, resulting in lower losses when pumping viscous fluids. All impellers are also available in an optional keyed and bolted design.
- The bearing frame is coated internally to ensure zero contamination of the oil or bearings from the inside.
- The VBXD® labyrinth oil seal by Inpro, designed especially for Peerless Pump, provides both static and dynamic sealing to protect bearings from environmental contamination.
- All bearing fits are precision-bored, and all bearings meet or exceed the minimum ANSI L10 life of 17,500 hours.
- The shaft is available in solid shaft construction or with a sleeve. The threaded area of the shaft is protected against corrosion with an O-ring seal on the impeller.
- Integral back pump-out vanes reduce stuffing box pressure, prolonging mechanical seal or packing life.